The Mardi Himal trek is located east of Annapurna Base Camp. This trekking is a beautiful and less crowded alternative to the Annapurna Base Camp trekking. The Mardi Himal Base Camp is located at the foot of the beautiful Mardi Himal and the impressive Machapuchhre.
The path takes you along narrow paths through ancient rhododendron forests. Once you get to an altitude of 3300 meters, you climb out of the woods to an altitude of about 3300 meters. Meanwhile, the landscape changes abruptly during the Mardi Himal trek and is less forested. Along the way you will enjoy a magnificent view of the Mardi Himal, the Machapuchhre, the Annapurna South and the Hiunchuli.
You will spend the night in High Camp twice. From here you will make a fascinating day hike to a panoramic viewpoint. From this point you have an impressive view on the Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, Gandharva chuli, Annapurna III, Ganggapurna, Annapurna I, South Annapurna, Hiuchuli,….
Finally you walk back along an alternative path along the nice villages of Siding and Lwang. These villages will give you a taste of the daily life in the mountains. Moreover, you will also spend the night here with private persons.
Would you like to customize your Nepal trip?
Let yourself be inspired by this trip. You can adjust the trip to your individual preferences and wishes.
- Great alternative to the more walked Annapurna Base Camp trekking
- Walking through ancient rhododendron forests
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhare, Annapurna III, Ganggapurna, Annapurna I, South Annapurna, Hiuchuli,…
- Meeting with the locals in Siding and Lwang, where you stay overnight in a homestay
- Welcome to the airport & transfer by private car to your hotel.
- Meet & greet with Chuda and/or Maaike & trekking briefing
- 3 nights in standard hotel in Kathmandu, with breakfast
- Ride from Kathmandu to Pokhara by private car
- 3 nights in a standard hotel in Pokhara, with breakfast
- Ride from Pokhara to Phedi by private car
- 7 nights in teahouses or homestays during the trekking, 7x breakfast, 7x dinner and 7x lunch included (drinks excl.)
- English speaking guide during the trekking (his salary, meals, insurance and accommodation)
- Carrier for your luggage during the trekking (his wages, meals, insurance and accommodation)
- The necessary drawing documents
- Ride from Lwang Phedi to Pokhara by private car
- Ride from Pokhara to Kathmandu by private car
- Airport transfer for departure flight
- Local taxes
- 24/7 support
What's not included
- Visa fee of approx. 30 USD per person for 15 days: this is available upon arrival at the airport in Kathmandu or in advance through the Nepalese consulate or embassy.
- Entrance fees when visiting monasteries or places of interest during your free days
- International flight tickets Nepal: We deliberately do not include this in our price. It is easier and cheaper to book this yourself.
- Tips for drivers, guide, porter etc.: In Nepal it is customary to give a tip. For this trip this is about € 70 per person.
Yeah, we recommend you bring a sleeping bag. As this is a slightly less walked path, the teahouses are even less developed than along other paths. It is therefore recommended to bring a sleeping bag. You can rent a sleeping bag for about 200 to 300 NPR per day in Pokhara.
You walk most of the time on a path in the forest. Afterwards you walk above the tree line on sometimes narrow paths, but not on narrow paths along a ledge.