This Gokyo trek to the Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri is a great alternative for the busier route to Everest Base Camp. From Namche you take a side route, which takes you to the breathtaking Gokyo lakes.
The Gokyo region has several bright blue highland lakes and glistening glaciers. On the way to the Gokyo Lakes you pass several times along green meadows with grazing yaks. You climb the top of the Gokyo Ri (5350 m) and as a reward you get beautiful panoramic views of some of the highest peaks in the world. You’ll see Mount Everest, the Makalu and the Cho Oyo, among others.
The six bright blue Gokyo lakes are mineral-poor lakes, situated at an altitude of 4,700-5,000 metres above sea level. Together, these lakes form the highest freshwater lake system in the world!
On the way back from the Gokyo you will spend the night in the picturesque village of Khumjung, where you can get acquainted with the lifestyle of the local Sherpa people.
If you really want to hike a little longer and combine it with Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar, this is of course possible! We also have a nice trek that combines both!
Would you like to customize your Nepal trip?
Let yourself be inspired by this trip. You can adjust the trip to your individual preferences and wishes.
- Enjoy the beauty of nature on the shores of six turquoise lakes fed by glaciers
- Hiking along the Ngozumpa glacier (optional), the largest glacier in the Himalayas
- Avoid the hustle and bustle of Everest Base Camp, but enjoy some great views of the Himalayas
- Climb the Gokyo Ri (5,357 m) and enjoy spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse and Cho Oyu.
- Stay in the nice and authentic Sherpa village Khumjung
- Welcome at the airport & transfer by private car to your hotel. Someone will go with you to help you check in.
- Meet & greet with Chuda and/or Maaike
- Trekking briefing with your guide
- 4 nights in standard hotel in Kathmandu, with breakfast
- Airport transfers to Manthali (Ramechhap) airport - by minibus and back to Kathmandu from Manthali
- Domestic flight Manthali - Lukla and Lukla - Manthali
- 11 nights in teahouses during the trekking, 11x breakfast, 11x dinner and 11x lunch included (drinks excl.)
- English speaking guide during the trekking (his salary, meals, transport, insurance, entrance fee Khumbu region and overnight stay)
- Porter for your luggage during the trekking (his wages, meals, transport, insurance and accommodation) - 1 porter per 2 persons - max. 18 kg
- The necessary trekking documents
- Airport transfer for departure flight
What's not included?
- Visa fee of approx. 30 USD per person for 15 days: this is available upon arrival at the airport in Kathmandu or in advance through the Nepalese consulate or embassy.
- Entrance fees when visiting monasteries or places of interest during your trekking and free days
- International flight tickets Nepal: We deliberately do not include this in our price. It is easier and cheaper to book this yourself.
- Tips for drivers, guide, porter etc.: In Nepal it is customary to give a tip. For this trip this is about € 80 per person.
- Personal expenses such as check, electricity for recharging batteries, hot shower, boiled water,...