This short Sherpa Culture trek along the Everest Trail is an ideal way to get to know the life of the Sherpa people. First, you will explore the valleys of the Everest region. You will have a view of some of the highest peaks in the world. In addition, you will enjoy the hospitality of the Sherpa people in the typical villages.
The originally Tibetan Sherpas are an ethnic group that live in different regions of the Nepalese Himalayas. You will find many Sherpas in Solu Khumbu (along the Everest trail). Their culture, language and traditions are strongly influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. Sherpas follow the Nyingmapa sect of Buddhism, founded by Guru Rinpoche.
The Sherpas have an ancient tradition of hospitality: they believe that guests can be a disguise of Guru Rinpoche. Most Sherpas work in tourism, but they are also traders, shepherds and farmers. Sherpas are known for their exceptional climbing qualities.
One of the most famous Sherpas is undoubtedly Tenzing Norgay. In 1953, together with Edmund Hillary, he was the first to climb the summit of Mount Everest!
Would you like to customize your Nepal trip?
Let yourself be inspired by this trip. You can adjust the trip to your individual preferences and wishes.
- Meet the Sherpa people and learn about their lifestyle
- View of some of the highest peaks in the world, including Mount Everest
- Authentic Sherpa villages Khumjung and Kungde
- Monastery visit in Tengboche
- Hiking in Sagarmatha National Park
- Welcome to the airport & transfer by private car to your hotel. Someone will go with you to help you check-in at your hotel.
- Meet & greet with Chuda and/or Maaike & trekking briefing
- 4 nights in standard hotel in Kathmandu, with breakfast
- Transfer by minibus to Manthali airport
- Domestic flight from Manthali (Ramechap) to Lukla
- 8 nights in teahouses during the trekking, 8 x breakfast, 8x dinner and 8x lunch included (drinks excl.)
- English speaking guide during the trekking (his salary, meals, insurance and accommodation)
- Porter for your luggage during the trekking (his wages, meals, insurance and accommodation) - 1 porter per 2 persons - max. 18 kg
- All necessary trekking documents and entrance tickets
- Domestic flight from Lukla to Manthali (Ramechhap)
- Transfer by minibus from Manthali to Kathmandu
- Airport transfer for departure flight
What's not included?
- Visa fee of approx. 30 USD per person for 15 days: this is available upon arrival at the airport in Kathmandu or in advance via the Nepalese consulate or the Nepalese embassy.
- Entrance fees when visiting places of interest or donations when visiting monasteries
- International flight tickets Nepal: We deliberately do not include this in our price. It is easier and cheaper to book this yourself.
- Tips for drivers, guide, porter etc.: In Nepal it is customary to give a tip. For this trip this is about € 80 per person.