Which permit for which trek in Nepal?

Depending on the trekking itinerary you are going to do during your stay in Nepal, you will need to apply for certain permits specific to the trekking area.

Indeed, there are different permits such as ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project), MCAP (Manaslu Conservation Area Project) or GCAP (Gaurishankar Conservation Area Project).

You will also need to have the TIMS card to be able to do your trekking. Indeed, this card (Trekkers’ Information Management System) will be compulsory because it helps Trekker to ensure the safety and security during Trekking in Himalayas

Some trekking areas are subject to special permits. In fact, you will need a special permit for the following areas: Humla, Dolpo, Upper Mustang, Tsu Valley, etc. Entry into these restrictive areas may have different prices. For example, in order to trek in Upper Mustang, you will have to pay $500 for a 10 day permit and $50 for each additional day. However, you don’t have to get the permit yourself, as it is the travel agencies with a trekking license that will have to take care of it.

Note: this kind of special permit requires at least two trekkers and must be arranged with an original passport and two passport size photos.

You may also like...