WE DECLARE A CLIMATE EMERGENCY!
Climate change is one of the biggest threats facing our world, and only if we unite and tackle this problem together can we stop it. In our home country, Nepal, the effects of the climate crisis are already quite visible and will only become more extreme in the coming years. We believe that everyone can contribute, and even small businesses can and should do their part!
That is why we decided to take action! We have joined Tourism Declares: an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organizations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency, and taking targeted action to reduce their carbon emissions so that global .carbon emissions are up to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
Like all signatories, we are committed to implementing the following five actions:
- We are developing a “Climate Emergency Plan“, outlining our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next ten years.
- Transparency is important to us, and each year we will publicly share our progress.
- We will ensure that our plan is in line with current advice from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which states that global carbon emissions must be reduced to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 to keep global warming within 1.5°C.
- We actively work with our suppliers and partners to share best practices, and we actively participate in the Tourism Declares community.
- We advocate for change, recognizing the need for systemic change across the industry to accelerate a just transition to zero-carbon tourism.
Our participation in the Tourism Declares initiative is in line with our vision of sustainability and the steps we took in the past. We actively integrate sustainability into our business and participate in various sustainable initiatives and projects.
For more information about our vision on sustainability, click here. If you have any questions about this, you can always email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org